domingo, 15 de mayo de 2011

A.B. Almassora

My last post will be about my basketball team. I play in the Almassora basketball team. I have been playing there since I was 13, unless one year that I played in the Castelló basketball team. The philosophy of the Almassora’s club is to take some players from lower categories for the matches, so they learn faster. For example: in the junior team there are some cadets; in the senior there are some juniors. This helps us to get used to the level of each category before we arrive to it.
This year I am 18, so it was my first year of senior, although I have been playing in this category for 2 years. I played in the senior B, but I trained with the senior A and went to some matches with them. This year the senor B has been a total disaster. We began 16 players at the beginning of the competition, but the maximum of players per team is 12. Our trainer chose 10 of us and left two places for juniors. I don’t know what has happened, but we have finished the competition with 4 o 5 seniors and we had to fill the rest with juniors. Some got injured, others didn’t have time, and others couldn’t pay. Anyway, I think we haven’t done such a bad competition as we though. We were surely the youngest teams, but we were fighting every match till the end.
But I should talk about the first team, the senior A. This year they have made the best competition of the history of the club. They have finished the seconds in the autonomic category. They first of each competition are automatically promoted, and the second has to play against the seconds of other regions. In the autonomic category there are three competitions: Castelló, València and Alacant. So they had to play against the second of València and Alacant. The first match was against Ontinyent, and they won 97-94 in the first extra time. It was the best basketball match I’ve ever seen! The second match was yesterday, and they played against El Pilar. It was a really difficult match. At the beginning of the 4th period they were losing by 14, but eventually they won 65-67! It was really exciting being with them celebrating it. So next year we will see A.B. Almassora in the National Category!! (398)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario